Whether you’re a mother looking to get a makeover to restore your pre-baby body, a breast cancer patient looking for reconstruction, or in need of elective hand surgery such as carpal tunnel syndrome, Dr. Pinsky is there to help you reach your desired results. Schedule an appointment today!
Among many of the procedures offered, breast augmentation requires a considerable technique, a caring disposition, and huge amounts of technical expertise to perform. Dr. Brian Pinsky has gained valuable insight into the effects of how breast augmentation affects the physical appearance of people desiring a fuller, symmetrical bust-line. The reasons for desiring this procedure vary and breast implants can provide a sense of proportion, correct reduced breast size after pregnancy or surgery, repair breast defects, and help construct breasts for top surgery. Breast augmentation aims to create a balance that is proportionate to the person’s figure and improve that person’s confidence, self-esteem, and attractiveness with natural-looking results.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation can be implemented with either breast implants or fat transfer to increase the breasts’ size, proportion, and aesthetics. For those opting for breast implants, these saline or silicone devices make the breasts feel more natural and maintain shape. Depending on the options available, Dr. Pinsky will be able to advise you on your options and recommend the best implant for your needs. Another option during the procedure can be to transfer fat from other parts of the body and then insert them into the breasts. This option will work best for people wishing to have a smaller, natural increase in size and have proportion.
Dr. Pinsky believes that when it comes to plastic surgery, the procedures should both benefit the patient medically and aesthetically. Breast augmentation can improve the psychological state of the individual and can provide benefits such as:
- Improve overall body image
- Encourage healthier lifestyles
- Increase sexual satisfaction
- Correct hereditary breast conditions
- Help treat gender dysphoria. Breast augmentation, however, does not correct severely drooping breasts. Breast lifts can help lift sagging breasts for a fuller, lifted look, combined with breast augmentation as a separate operation.
Procedure Steps For Breast Augmentation
A breast augmentation procedure performed by Dr. Pinsky will include the following steps and vary depending on the method of augmentation:
- Dr. Pinsky will administer medication before the surgical procedure, providing general anesthesia and intravenous sedation for your comfort.
- Incisions will be made according to the method of transfer or implantation. The incision options include along with the areola, under the breast, or through the armpit. Dr. Pinsky will discuss the following options with you during your consultation.
- For breast implants, the implant will be inserted either under the pectoral muscle or behind the tissue depending on the implant type and degree of enlargement desired.
- For fat transfer, fat obtained through liposuction will be transferred through either syringe or vacuum to gradually expand the breast.
- Once completed, the incisions are closed with skin adhesives, sutures, and surgical tape to close the skin.
Breast Augmentation Recovery And Risks
Patients after the surgery may experience some pain and discomfort during their breast recovery, and Dr. Pinsky will provide medication to manage the pain. Some bruising, numbness, and swelling may occur during the first few weeks of recovery, and the stitches will be removed within the first ten days after surgery. Risks for during and after the surgery will be discussed during your initial consultation.
Why Choose Dr. Brian Pinsky For Your Breast Augmentation
Dr. Pinsky understands that undergoing breast augmentation is about more than just your vanity. Our appearance plays an important role not just in our self-confidence, but also in our sense of identity. For many patients receiving breast augmentation is a way to reclaim their sexuality, realize their idealized self, or just help create a more youthful form they feel confident in. Working with Dr. Pinsky ensures that you have a compassionate cosmetic surgery provider who’s there to help you achieve your perfect you.
At Dr. Pinsky’s office in Babylon, Long Island, Suffolk County, and Nassau County, he will be happy to discuss your breast augmentation goals. Schedule your initial consultation today by calling (631) 870-7208, and Dr. Pinsky will address any concerns or questions.